Hold Me Tight® is an educational, experiential full-day workshop for couples based on Sue Johnson’s Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), which is the most empirically supported therapeutic model for couples.
Research studies indicate that through the use of EFT, 70-75% of couples recover from distress and 90% show significant improvement. In this workshop you will learn how to reach to your partner from a place of vulnerability, receive support from your partner, and relate in a new way that will transform your relationship.
- Access underlying emotions and understand how the ways you manage your emotions, impacts your partner.
- Change communication patterns that leave you feeling hopeless and disconnected from your partner.
- Revisit past events that have caused hurts and ruptures in your relationship.
- Create relationship rituals that will strengthen your connection to one another.
- Couples in long term relationships
- Couples in early relationships
- Couples in second marriages
- Couples of any sexual orientation
- Couples currently in therapy
Hold Me Tight® is an educational, experiential full-day workshop for couples, designed around the seven conversations of Dr. Johnson’s best-selling book, Hold Me Tight. Each of these conversations have been shown to be essential to successful relationships.
In this workshop you will learn how to improve your relationship through presentations by Kathy and Julie, through engaging in private exercises with your partner, and by watching video demonstrations of other couples.
Although we meet as a group for the presentations and for discussion, this is not group therapy. You and your partner will have time to work on your relationship as a couple, privately. The facilitators will be available to guide and support you.
After this experience, some couples decide to go into couple’s therapy or continue working on their relationship with their current therapist, some couples request an intensive couple session(s), and others decide they don’t need anything further. Whatever your decision, we will support you and provide additional referrals and resources.
Our workshops are inclusive and welcoming to couples and families of diverse backgrounds and lifestyles.
The cost is $395 per couple. This includes:
- A handbook with information, exercises, and helpful resources
- Continental breakfast (coffee, tea, bagels, fruit,) and healthy snacks throughout the day
- Engaging presentations
- Video demonstrations of real couples
- Experiential exercises for you and your partner
- Kathy and Julie’s support and guidance throughout your time at the workshop
The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart.
Kathy & Julie provide the Hold Me Tight Workshop in both Westchester County and New York City, New York. Both love helping people and do so full time in their individual private practices. In an effort to help couples heal and grow stronger more quickly, they are now providing couples workshops using the EFT model proven most successful in helping couples like you every day.